Administrative Internship Opportunity
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research, compile, tabulate, and analyze data for a variety of administrative and departmental matters.
- Assist department personnel in assigned administrative, planning, organizational, technical, and professional tasks.
- Provide suggestions or recommendations with regard to department specific projects.
- Prepare and present reports; draft policies and procedures; respond to requests for information.
- Perform specific tasks related to the actual department vacancy; and performs related duties, as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Training and Experience Guidelines: Proof of enrollment in a college or university AND work experience paid or volunteer, which demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties of the position. Major course of study may be in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, Architecture, Computer Science, Engineering, Urban Planning, Human Resources, Communications, Recreation Administration, OR a relative field of study. Education and experience will be evaluated based on the actual position. Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of public administration and organization applicable to a local agency.
- Administrative techniques; statistical practices and methods of graphic presentation.
- Modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment, including personal computers and modern software and spreadsheet programs.
- Elements of business writing and proper use of English, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Great communication skills and verbal command of the English language (Spanish and Portuguese will be considered a plus)
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office
- Multitasking and working under pressure
- Candidates must be passionate about the beauty industry
- Providing efficient customer service and communicating clearly and objectively both verbally and in writing.
- Organizing with the ability to prioritize work and exercise independent judgment, wisdom, common sense, and initiative.
- Thoroughly carrying out oral and written instructions.
- Gathering and analyzing data; preparing narrative reports and performing numerical analysis.
- Evaluating and recommending changes to policies, programs, and practices.
- Conducting research; proficiently utilizing a personal computer in completing special projects.
- Following written and oral instructions with minimum supervision; effectively presenting information in writing and orally to the general public, outside agencies, and fellow employees.
- Speaking effectively in a public forum on related topics and issues.
- Prioritizing and scheduling workload to ensure completion when faced with deadlines or emergencies.